February 24, 2016

Yarns In Stash

So, I was going through my stash.
And it seems I have a lot of yarn in my stash.
I think I have put it all in my Ravelry stash page, and it is a bit overwhelming.
48530 grams is what it tells me. 810,32 skeins/hanks/cakes.
And then there is all the unknown leftovers I had from before I put everything in my stash page.
I bet there is 3-4000 grams there as well.

I think I'll take this as a sign that I need to use up some of it. And not buy anything new unless I really really need to. There are loads of yarn for baby projects, socks and maybe a sweater or three for me.

I do have plans for some of the yarn, and have paired them with some of the projects in my Ravelry queue. But all those skeins that I just have one of... Or skeins I only have one color of.
Yeah yeah, I can check Ravelry and find patterns that I could use, or get ideas from there.
And that's probably what I'd do.

But, for the last year, year and a half, I haven't bought more than maybe 6-7 skeins of yarn. An I think I've been gifted 5. And I think that calls for a celebration! So when I'm done with my list, I'm gonna cast on a sweater for myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!