July 12, 2015

Gemini in Scarlet

I finally did some SELFISH knitting! I made myself a summer top.
I chose the pattern Gemini by Jane Richmond, and I had some Scarlet from Permin in my stash, but not enough to make it in just the variegated. But luckily I had a skein of a green that was also in the variegated. I think it turned out pretty good. 
The yarn is 58% Linen, 26% Rayon, 16% Cotton, and was way better to knit with that I first thought! I stuck with 3,5mm needles throughout, that worked well with the yarn. If I'd used both 3,5mm and 4mm I think the top would have been way to big. I could perhaps have benefited by using 3mm on the lace... The pattern says to do both lace and stockinette on the yoke, but I decided to only do lace.Fits me great, but might become a bit loose/wide on the shoulders with wear. Have to find a way to fudge that... That might be why it feels a bit wide.
But I'm not frogging the whole thing now!




Have you done some summer or selfish knitting lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!